This article is part of an Essential Guide, our editor-selected collection of our best articles, videos and other content on this topic. Explore more in this guide:
2. - OpenStack, IaaS, Linux and Portals: Read more in this section
- OpenStack IaaS drives Intel's bottom line
- How leading open source enterprise portals are solving the CMS dilemma
- The Red Hat model for IaaS cloud computing with OpenStack
- Four trends with intelligent integrated enterprises
Explore other sections in this guide:
- 1. - Mobile and cloud computing Red Hat 2013 conference coverage
- 3. - Around the Web: Red Hat 2013 conference coverage
Top four trends with intelligent integrated enterprisesDate: Jun 18, 2013
The movement of social media and mobile devices into the workplace is spurring software architects to intelligent integrated enterprises, according to Red Hat SOA and integration expert Pierre Fricke. An intelligent integrated enterprise can be a huge asset to an organization, as it allows for real-time responses to business events.
"Most enterprises are not fully automated, but their [architects] are taking parts of their business there," Fricke said during an interview with SearchSOA at Red Hat Summit 2013 in Boston, June 11-14.
The four big industry trends, according to Fricke are:
- Cloud -- automating IT infrastructure with the cloud;
- Big data in motion -- event streams hitting businesses;
- Social -- understanding what people are saying about products; and
- Mobile -- integrating people and devices so there is a holistic view of the enterprise.