1. In message-centric design, the focus is on …
a. partitioning services
b. the collaboration of two or more services
c. the service domain
d. the API
e. all of the above
f. none of the above
2. UML has a nomenclature for application architecture.
3. The Hartford's SOA implementation has concentrated on …
a. standards and technology
b. lowering the cost of IT
c. the enterprise service bus
4. Orchestration standards like BPEL help to …
a. model business services
b. integrate application components
c. track changes in business logic
d. automate business logic
5. When you change the process logic in an entity-centric business service model it can invalidate original service operation groupings and necessitate service redesign.
6. Task-centric business model generally have less reusability potential than entity-centric business models.
7. Put these steps of the SOA delivery lifecycle in order.
a. perform service-oriented analysis
b. test service operations
c. compose SOA
d. define enterprise service model
8. Agile service delivery …
a. aligns with current state business models at the start and end of the process
b. is based on a bottom up service delivery approach
c. requires the use of BPEL
d. doesn't leverage an enterprise services model
9. Which of the following is NOT one of the three primary steps that comprise service-oriented analysis?
a. Identifying automation systems
b. Review existing process logic
c. Model service candidates
d. Define analysis scope
10. According to IDC's Maureen Fleming, BPM will always be dependent on the underlying architecture.
11. Which of the following is NOT a standard aimed at business process execution?
12. Zapthink's Ron Schmelzer believes BPM tools need to improve in the area of …
a. representing the runtime system
b. UML support
c. integrating with service registries
d. service design
13. Burton Group's Anne Thomas Manes argues SOA governance should be …
a. a one-size-fits-all approach
c. added on top of the existing development process
d. focused on implementation concerns
14. Amazon.com CTO Werner Vogels' marching orders to his developers are …
a. Time is money.
b. Code is king.
c. Don't stray from the approved house standards.
d. You build it. You own it.
15. Dun & Bradstreet's goal with its SOA implementation are …
a. to future-proof its aging platforms
b. to commoditize certain business processes
c. provide cost-effective migration to new platforms
d. all of the above
e. none of the above
16. Which of the following is NOT part of the technical foundation of SOA governance?
a. asset tracking
b. Web services management
c. asynchronous messaging
d. a service registry/repository
This was first published in September 2007