This podcast with analyst Judith Hurwitz deals with the SOA repository, how it differs from the SOA registry and the role it plays in SOA governance. As enterprises embrace service-oriented architecture, IT artifacts need to be managed and updated. The SOA repository will be a key tool in that process.
Listen to the What is the SOA repository? podcast.
Among the topics covered in this podcast are:
- The role of the repository in establishing Web service security requirements
- What gets stored inside the repository
- Rules and policies
- How the repository is related to the SOA registry
- Federated repositories
- Why the repository is key for SOA governance
- Web services asset management
- Best practices for using an SOA repository
This was first published in July 2007