Judith Hurwitz, President and CEO of consulting firm Hurwitz & Associates, talks about some of the key sections inside "Service Oriented Architecture for Dummies", a book she recently co-authored.
Here is the 'SOA for Dummies' podcast.
During the podcast Hurwitz discusses:
- How app dev shops slipped into the stovepipe mentality in the first place
- Why SOA is crucial for "the very survival of a business"
- How to administer SOA
- What functionality is critical to SOA
- What's fundamentally different about the service lifecycle
- Why your company isn't so unique that it can afford to forgo SOA
- Why SOA needs to be more than just an IT initiative
- What's the easiest thing to get wrong with SOA
- The difference between Web services and SOA
This was first published in March 2007