May 2004 [ Go back to The Month in Review main page ]
Start your summer off right! We've got a great round-up of content for you this month including highlights from Gartner's Application Integration & Web Services Summit. Enjoy!
Receive this great content right in your inbox. Simply Edit your Profile to subscribe to as much -- or as little -- as you wish.
XML data exchange middleware talks to iSeries (May 3, 2004)
Software SIFTs through XML, Web services data flows (May 3, 2004)
Custom authentication scheme in .NET (May 4, 2004)
Competing standards good, competing standards bad (May 5, 2004)
Partnership speeds up Web services deployment (May 5, 2004)
Smalltalk with object-oriented programming pioneer Kay (May 5, 2004)
OASIS ratifies Common Alerting Protocol (May 6, 2004)
Report recommends standalone XML security appliances (May 6, 2004)
Realm manages remote devices, Web services (May 10, 2004)
In-silicon RAX processor released (May 10, 2004)
SOA myths debunked (May 10, 2004)
Developers catching Mono beta release (May 11, 2004)
XWall firewall conforms to WS-I Basic Profile 1.0 (May 13, 2004)
The case for developing a service-oriented architecture (May 13, 2004)
Startups swimming against Web services management tide (May 13, 2004)
IBM deepens SOA ties with security deal (May 17, 2004)
Web services, SOA solves broker's integration problems (May 17, 2004)
WS-I releases Basic Security Profile draft (May 18, 2004)
The case for developing a service-oriented architecture (May 18, 2004)
Starting down the XSLT path (May 19, 2004)
Enterprise apps may pose Web services security problem (May 19, 2004)
Gartner: SOBAs will revolutionize application integration (May 20, 2004)
Gartner: Patience a virtue in SOA transition (May 24, 2004)
New Web services registry talks to business managers (May 24, 2004)
CA releases Web services management tool (May 25, 2004)
Microsoft releases new Web services enablers (May 25, 2004)
Westbridge updates XML Message Server (May 26, 2004)
Support begins for WS-MessageDelivery spec (May 26, 2004)
Vendors demonstrate interoperability with WS-Federation (May 26, 2004)
Sun upgrades Web Services Developer Pack (May 26, 2004)
Microsoft approaches the enterprise development environment (May 27, 2004)
Other great SearchWebServices.com resources:
- Looking for free research? Browse our comprehensive White Papers section by topic, author or keyword.
- Are you tired of technospeak? The Web Services Advisor column uses plain talk and avoids the hype.
- For insightful opinion and commentary from today's industry leaders, read our Guest Commentary columns.
- Hey Codeheads! Start benefiting from these time-saving XML Developer Tips and .NET Developer Tips.
- Visit our huge Best Web Links for Web Services collection for the freshest editor-selected resources.
- Visit Ask the Experts for answers to your Web services, SOAP, WSDL, XML, .NET, Java and EAI questions.
- Choking on the alphabet soup of industry acronyms? Visit our helpful Glossary for the latest industry lingo.
- Couldn't attend one of our Webcasts? Don't miss out. Visit our archive to watch at your own convenience.
- Discuss these articles, voice your opinion or talk with your peers in the SearchWebServices Discussion Forums.