This year will see accelerated adoption of federated identity standards, technologies and projects, according to...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
a customer survey conducted by technology vendor Ping Identity Corp.
The survey, which was sent to users of the Denver-based company's SourceID open source federation gateway, was aimed at federation project managers.
Highlights from the survey include:
- More than 70% of respondents said they were in a planning, while 16% said they were in active pilot projects.
- 38% of respondents plan to have their identity federation projects running within six months, and an additional 32% plan to do so by the end of 2004.
- 41% of respondents plan to federate with partners, 19% with suppliers and 33% with consumers or customers.
- 41% of respondents are using identity federation technologies internally; 21% plan to federate with external partners, and the remaining 38% plan to use identity federation technology both internally and externally.
- More than 50% of the respondents indicated their protocol priorities as being Liberty Phase I and SAML v2.0 specifications.
- 36% of respondents indicated that their federation project was both sanctioned and budgeted for 2004.