IBM Corp. on Monday announced the release of the newest version of its WebSphere Software Developer Kit for Web...
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
Services that includes several new features, as well as support for a number of Web services standards.
WSDK version 5.1 is a tool to allow developers to create, discover, invoke and test Web services, and includes support for SOAP 1.1, WSDL 1.1, UDDI 2.0, JAX-RPC 1.0 and EJB 2.0, IBM said.
Following are some of the new features in the toolkit:
- Conformance to the final version of the Web Services Interoperability Organization's Basic Profile 1.0.
- A supply chain sample, which conforms to the WS-I Basic Profile 1.0.
- A greater level of compatibility with IBM's WebSphere Studio line of products.
- Support for split Web Services Description Language (WSDL) documents.
- A new WSDL2Client Tool, to create client-side only components for a Web service.
- Improved installation using InstallShield Multiplatform version 5.0.