December 2002 [ Go back to The Month in Review main page ]
Thought you had opened all your Christmas presents, didn't you? Well, look again, because right next to Aunt Martha's petrified fruit cake is our December content wrapped up with a big red bow. Relax after the busy holiday season by pouring yourself a tall egg nog and getting caught up on your Web services reading. If you hurry, we won't even ask if you've been naughty or nice this year. Enjoy!
Receive this great content right in your inbox. Simply Edit your Profile to subscribe to as much -- or as little -- as you wish.
Please speak after the tone (December 2, 2002)
Is peer services computing the next wave? (December 3, 2002)
Portable executable format (December 3, 2002)
Power provider implements critical Web service (December 4, 2002)
Featured Topic: IOU for ROI, part 2 (December 4, 2002)
Follow up answers to the Jim Keogh webcast (December 4, 2002)
UML for XML pros (December 4, 2002)
Getting certified on a shoestring budget (December 4, 2002)
Web services: Jam today, not tomorrow (December 5, 2002)
IBM releases SameTime 3, promises better security (December 5, 2002)
Financial firm's storage portfolio boosted with backup device (December 5, 2002)
Does leadership lead to self-delusions of infallibility? (December 9, 2002)
Measuring the ROIs of intranets (December 10, 2002)
Web services identity management sector ripe for consolidation (December 11, 2002)
Free Book Chapter: Core J2EE Patterns (December 11, 2002)
Featured Topic: Open source Web services (December 11, 2002)
Becoming an IT consultant: A veteran consultant shares tricks of the trade (December 11, 2002)
Charting the skies with a SAN (December 12, 2002)
Will Web services slip or leap? (December 16, 2002)
The Web services readiness review (December 17, 2002)
The ASP script debugger (December 17, 2002)
Don't lose your CIO over Web services (December 18, 2002)
Sun ups the services ante (December 18, 2002)
Featured Topic: Web services resolutions for 2003 (December 18, 2002)
XSLT/XPath reference becomes 'real' (December 18, 2002)
.NET results: What you need in the 2003 job market (December 18, 2002)
Agilent implements more agile backup software (December 18, 2002)
Software licenses need to be managed (December 19, 2002)
Picking a programming language (December 19, 2002)
Sun-BEA deal reflects Sun's new software focus (December 20, 2002)
Who will set agent standards? (December 20, 2002)
Luminaries expect more Web services growth in 2003 (December 23, 2002)
Special Report: 2003 Predictions & Prognostications (December 23, 2002)
Spending rebound, more XML and mega-merger on tap for 2003 (December 24, 2002)
Opinion - Less hype, more consolidation coming in 2003 (December 27, 2002)
Experts predict advances in processes, SOAP; setback for WSDL (December 30, 2002)
Don't forget to check out these other great SearchWebServices.com resources:
- Looking for free research? Browse our comprehensive White Papers section by topic, author or keyword.
- Are you tired of technospeak? The Web Services Advisor column uses plain talk and avoids the hype.
- For insightful opinion and commentary from today's industry leaders, read our Guest Commentary columns.
- Hey Codeheads! Start benefiting from these time-saving XML Developer Tips and .NET Developer Tips.
- Visit our huge Best Web Links for Web Services collection for the freshest editor-selected resources.
- Visit Ask the Experts for answers to your Web services, SOAP, WSDL, XML, .NET, Java and EAI questions.
- Choking on the alphabet soup of industry acronyms? Visit our helpful Glossary for the latest industry lingo.
- Couldn't attend one of our Webcasts? Don't miss out. Visit our archive to watch at your own convenience.
- Discuss these articles, voice your opinion or talk with your peers in the SearchWebServices Discussion Forums.