October 2002 [ Go back to The Month in Review main page ]
Trick or Treat? This month we offer you both, as we treat you to
Receive this great content right in your inbox. Simply Edit your Profile to subscribe to as much -- or as little -- as you wish.
Web services' idees fortes (October 1, 2002)
New networking gear the right call for Wireless Retail (October 1, 2002)
COM components in Visual Studio.NET (October 1, 2002)
Mercury Interactive defines BTO (October 2, 2002)
Solaris 9: Breaking new ground or 'playing catch-up' with Microsoft? (October 2, 2002)
Is Web-based training right for you? Experts offer tips for deciding (October 2, 2002)
Featured Topic: Vendor Spotlight on IONA (October 2, 2002)
Webcast: Oracle and XML (October 2, 2002)
Agility and the IT department (October 3, 2002)
E-billing: A business certainty? (October 3, 2002)
Jupiter forecasts uphill battle for Web services (October 4, 2002)
Follow up answers from the David R.R. Webber webcast (October 7, 2002)
Internet confidence stays flat (October 8, 2002)
XML Firewalls (October 8, 2002)
RSA strives to keep Web services safe (October 9, 2002)
Security: The #1 worry for IT pros (October 9, 2002)
Achieving career success in challenging times (October 9, 2002)
Web site cruises out of storage stone age (October 9, 2002)
Featured Topic: Options for security Web services (October 9, 2002)
Meet XHTML 2.0 (October 9, 2002)
Re-engineering the software supply chain (October 10, 2002)
Webcast: What you need to know about Web services security (October 10, 2002)
Like rivals, SeeBeyond looks to benefit from vertical focus (October 11, 2002)
Free Book Chapter: .NET Security Framework (October 11, 2002)
Blanketware buoys Canoe's e-commerce Web service (October 14, 2002)
Novell to launch devtools (October 14, 2002)
What's in a name, part two (October 15, 2002)
Is a job with a high-tech vendor right for you? (October 15, 2002)
The VB DOMDocument class (October 15, 2002)
Oracle pushes for common Web services choreography (October 16, 2002)
Living with the new economy (October 16, 2002)
ERP vendors ride integrated approach in pursuit of CRM giant Siebel (October 16, 2002)
Spurred by e-mail disaster, firm invests in backup (October 16, 2002)
Featured Topic: Web services choreography (October 16, 2002)
XML and databases (October 17, 2002)
Bell Canada answers desperate storage call (October 17, 2002)
Progress buys eXcelon for $24 million (October 21, 2002)
Webcast: Capacity and performance planning for Web services (October 22, 2002)
XML Firewalls, part two (October 22, 2002)
Meta: Web services are "disruptive" but worthwhile (October 23, 2002)
Web services: A waste of words (October 23, 2002)
Featured Topic: .NET Framework security (October 23, 2002)
Format XML output with XSL-FO (October 23, 2002)
Meta panel touts Web service wars, but no shots fired (October 24, 2002)
Breaking XML to optimize performance (October 24, 2002)
Career programmers should explore open-source options (October 24, 2002)
Systinet gives its WASP more sting via ISVs, OEMs (October 28, 2002)
Understanding the real costs of integration (October 28, 2002)
Collaboration by contract (October 29, 2002)
Webcast: .NET Framework Security (October 29, 2002)
Case study: Expanding Web services beyond the intranet (October 30, 2002)
IDC takes the gloss off Web services (October 30, 2002)
Expert offers tips for taking certification tests (October 30, 2002)
Don't forget to check out these other great SearchWebServices.com resources:
- Looking for free research? Browse our comprehensive White Papers section by topic, author or keyword.
- Are you tired of technospeak? The Web Services Advisor column uses plain talk and avoids the hype.
- For insightful opinion and commentary from today's industry leaders, read our Guest Commentary columns.
- Hey Codeheads! Start benefiting from these time-saving XML Developer Tips and .NET Developer Tips.
- Visit our huge Best Web Links for Web Services collection for the freshest editor-selected resources.
- Visit Ask the Experts for answers to your Web services, SOAP, WSDL, XML, .NET, Java and EAI questions.
- Couldn't attend one of our Webcasts? Don't miss out. Visit our archive to watch at your own convenience.
- Choking on the alphabet soup of industry acronyms? Visit our helpful Glossary for the latest lingo.
- Discuss these articles, voice your opinion or talk with your peers in the SearchWebServices Discussion Forums.