September 2002 [ Go back to The Month in Review main page ]
September's birthstone is the sapphire. Did you know that during the Middle Ages priests wore this blue stone as protection from impure thoughts? Some folks at that time believed the sapphire could even transform ignorance to wisdom. Well, we can't help you with any impure thoughts but we are in the "ignorance to wisdom" business. Enjoy these insightful gems from our September collection.
Receive this great content right in your inbox. Simply Edit your Profile to subscribe to as much -- or as little -- as you wish.
Web services testing: Beyond SOAP (September 3, 2002)
The .NET debugging environment (September 3, 2002)
Medical IT company cures storage malaise (September 3, 2002)
Real-time data access pattern (September 4, 2002)
XML an increasingly valuable skill, experts say (September 4, 2002)
Vendor Spotlight: Microsoft (Featured Topic) (September 4, 2002)
Our take on Liberty Alliance v. 1.0--Not customer-centric enough! (September 5, 2002)
Web services: Many uses, many worries (September 5, 2002)
ebXML: The New Global Standard for Doing Business (part 1) (September 6, 2002)
BPEL4WS: Another big step for Web service standards (September 9, 2002)
Lessons from the Front: How Amazon is using Web services (September 9, 2002)
One ring to rule them all? (September 10, 2002)
Experts decipher real impact of BPEL4WS spec (September 11, 2002)
Web services here, there and everywhere (September 11, 2002)
Consolidation scores big at sports venue design firm (September 11, 2002)
Business process standards for Web services (Featured Topic) (September 11, 2002)
Service Level Management - the future (September 12, 2002)
Demonstrating XML security (September 12, 2002)
Microsoft certifications: Meaningful credentials or resume fluff? (September 12, 2002)
ebXML: The New Global Standard for Doing Business (part 2) (September 13, 2002)
What does BT think of IP? (September 16, 2002)
Quick Takes: Vordel commits to WS-Security (September 16, 2002)
Sun contemplates its next Web services buy (September 16, 2002)
Web services still immature (September 17, 2002)
Start Web services on your Intranet (September 17, 2002)
XML tops 160% growth (September 18, 2002)
The rise of the CSO: Security invades upper-level management (September 18, 2002)
New Jersey nets storage boost with move to SAN (September 18, 2002)
Beyond the component-based process (September 19, 2002)
Solaris 9: Breaking new ground or 'playing catch-up' with Microsoft? (September 19, 2002)
Vendor Spotlight: IBM (Featured Topic) (September 19, 2002)
ebXML: The New Global Standard for Doing Business (part 3) (September 20, 2002)
Web services management (September 23, 2002)
Are Web services too immature? (September 24, 2002)
Lessons from the Front: How Amazon is using Web services, part 2 (September 24, 2002)
Paving the way for the future (September 25, 2002)
Software AG looks to capitalize on Web services (September 25, 2002)
Windows shutting for programmers who lack business savvy (September 25, 2002)
The benefits of modularization (September 25, 2002)
SAN allows airline to soar to new heights (September 25, 2002)
ebXML and Web services (Featured Topic) (September 25, 2002)
Identity--key to the future (September 26, 2002)
Looking for a ThreePeat (September 27, 2002)
BEA bets on standardized integration (September 30, 2002)
BT passes, for now, on U.S. Web services (September 30, 2002)
Don't forget to check out these other great SearchWebServices.com resources:
- Looking for free research? Browse our comprehensive White Papers section by topic, author or keyword.
- Are you tired of technospeak? The Web Services Advisor column uses plain talk and avoids the hype.
- For insightful opinion and commentary from today's industry leaders, read our Guest Commentary columns.
- Hey Codeheads! Start benefiting from these time-saving XML Developer Tips and .NET Developer Tips.
- Visit our huge Best Web Links for Web Services collection for the freshest editor-selected resources.
- Visit Ask the Experts for answers to your Web services, SOAP, WSDL, XML, .NET, Java and EAI questions.
- Couldn't attend one of our Webcasts? Don't miss out. Visit our archive to watch at your own convenience.
- Choking on the alphabet soup of industry acronyms? Visit our helpful Glossary for the latest lingo.
- Discuss these articles, voice your opinion or talk with your peers in the SearchWebServices Discussion Forums.