Date: JUNE 19
Time: 2:00pm, ET
Topic: XML SECURITY STANDARDS: XML SIGNATURE, XML ENCRYPTION, XKMS
Guest: BLAKE DOURNAEE, AUTHOR OF "XML SECURITY"
RSA Security, Developer Support Team
Go back to the
WHO SHOULD ATTEND? Anyone who wants to understand how XML Signature, XML Encryption and XKMS work from a conceptual point of view. Attendees may submit questions directly to Blake Dournaee after his presentation.
WHY ATTEND? Understanding what an XML Signature is and how it differs from a traditional digital signature. Understand the need for XML Encryption as well as the motivation behind XKMS.
This webcast serves to dispel the mystery behind XML Security standards and relate them to traditional digital signatures. Get answers to the following questions.
- What is an XML Signature and how is it used?
- How does an XML Signature compare to PKCS#7?
- Why is canonicalization necessary for an XML Signature?
- What sorts of security considerations arise from the use of transforms in an XML Signature?
- How can we create an XML Signature that efficiently represents multiple signers?
GUEST BIO: Blake Dournaee, author of "XML Security"
RSA Security, Developer Support Team
Blake Dournaee joined RSA Security's developer support team in 1999, specializing in support and training for the BSAFE(R) line of cryptographic toolkits. As part of current duties at RSA he is part of the Cert-J development team, which enables Java and XML programs to be digitally secure. Prior to joining RSA Security, he worked at NASA-Ames Research Center in the security development group and was involved in enterprise-wide secure e-mail deployment.
BOOK INFO: XML Security
Use this book as both an XML primer and to get up to speed on XML-related security issues. Written by the experts at RSA Security, Inc., you?ll get inside tips on how to prevent denial of service attacks, and how to implement security measures to keep your XML programs protected.
Keep XML applications and documents secure with help from the leading authority in e-security. Get up to speed on XML and applied security technologies using this authoritative guide. Covering the fundamentals of XML structures and related security technologies--including XML signatures, XML encryption, and the XML key management specification--this resource contains both the conceptual information and the practical techniques you need to successfully work with this data-structuring language. You'll learn how to implement RSA Security's product CertJ--which secures Java- and XML-based applications--and get advice for preventing against denial of service attacks and other security violations. Written by a member of RSA Security's developer support team, this definitive book gives you all the knowledge you need to keep XML-based programs and documents digitally secure.
* Learn to implement a solid XML security system using the latest technologies
* Use the book as both a security and XML primer
* Review schemas, DTDs, Xpointers, XSLT, namespaces, and more
* Learn about the various signature types--such as enveloped, enveloping, and detached
* Understand the structure, syntax, and processing rules of XML signature types
* Examine the need for an XML key management system (XKMS)
* Counteract specific security breaches--including denial of service and replay attacks
* Find out about recent W3C XML security standards
* Implement CERTJ--RSA's product which ensures security for Java and XML-based programs
* See how data privacy can be applied to XML structures via encryption
Protect your XML-based programs and improve security with the most authoritative guide to XML security available.