Several readers have requested an easy quiz designed to boost a battered IT professional's ego, so this week's...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
quiz is a creampuff. May the force be with you!
How to take the quiz:
After reading the question, click on the answer that you think is correct to go to the whatis.com definition. If the answer you've chosen is correct, you will see the question text or an approximation of it somewhere in the definition.
After reading the question, write down the letter of your answer choice on scrap paper. Check your answers by using the answer key at the end of the quiz.
l. This is an unspaced sequence of characters used to determine that a computer user requesting access to a computer system is really that particular user.
a. GUID (global unique identifyer)
b. MAC address
d. private key
2. This is the physical arrangement in a computer that contains the computer's basic circuitry and components.
d. virtual organization
3. This is a program that allows a content developer to see what the end result will look like while the interface or document is being created.
b. Report Program Generator
c. end effector
4. This is the generally accepted "official" logo for the Linux operating system.
5. This is a specific set of ordered operations that a computer performs.
a. disaster recovery plan
b. duty cycle
d. Sequenced Packet Exchange
6. This is a series of points or nodes interconnected by communication paths.
d. feed line
7. This was the first widely-installed operating system for personal computers.
c. Windows 9x
8. This is a small physical structure that displays information for people walking by.
c. information architecture
9. This slang term is used to quantify user time at a computer.
a. milliampere hour
b. time-to-live (TTL)
d. mouse miles
10. This computer-related historical "first" was displayed for many years by the Navy and is now the property of the Smithsonian.
BONUS: What altruistic IT author has donated the proceeds from his/her best-selling books to non-profit organizations that support the use of technology in education and skills development?
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWER KEY
Be sure to take:
Quiz #1: Help Desk Basics
Quiz #2: Security Basics
Quiz #3: Data Storage
Quiz #4: Networking Hardware
Quiz #5: Getting Your Message Across the Network
Quiz #6: Servers
Quiz #7: Protocols
Quiz #8: Database Basics
Quiz #9: Wireless
Quiz #10: TCP/IP
Quiz #11: Ego-Booster (you're on this quiz now)
Quiz #12: Database II
Quiz #13: AS/400
ANSWER KEY: 1c - 2a - 3d - 4d - 5c - 6c - 7d - 8d - 9d - 10a
BONUS ANSWER: Click here for answer
Let us know how you did or suggest a quiz! firstname.lastname@example.org