xSP is a generic term for any kind of service provider on the Internet. The two main kinds of service provider are the Internet service provider (ISP), which provides users with connection to the Internet and sometimes offers hosting and other services, and the application service provider (ASP), which provides remote access to one or more computer applications.
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
An application service provider may be one of these kinds of xSP:
- A storage service provider (SSP)
- A management service provider (MSP)
- A business service provider (BSP)
- A security application service provider (SASP)
- A wireless application service provider (WASP)
- And so forth