1. Do you think that X# is just Microsoft's reaction to XQuery, as they are both esentially data-oriented programming...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
languages, or is it a different approach altogether because it is a functional language where XQuery is more of an object-oriented type of language?
2. Looks like XQuery, which is also a functional programming language, would fit all the X# fuzz. Thoughts?
3. So would X# be a good candidate for initiatives like XQuery and XPointer? Or is it likely to be a support language like EJB's E++?
1. I suspect they will work together.
2. You could be right but I think they might be more than that going on.
3. I suspect it will be a support language -- not an alternative to XQuery.
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.