Here is the continuation of Anne's answer. See part 1.
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
There are a number of efforts to create standards for trust services (Web services that perform security functions for your infrastructure):
- OASIS Security Services Technical Committee has developed SAML, and OASIS Standard, which defines a standard way to represent and exchange security information in XML. It also defines a set of Web service interfaces for trust services, including single sign-on services and access control decision authorities.
- OASIS Digital Signature Services Technical Committee is developing the specifications for a set of trust services to support digital signature processing. This group has not yet produced a working draft.
- W3C XML Key Management Working Group is developing the XKMS 2.0 specification, which defines a set of trust services to manage encryption keys. This specification is a working draft.
Other efforts include:
- OASIS UDDI Specification Technical Committee is standardizing the UDDI V2 and UDDI V3 specifications. UDDI is an infrastructure-level Web service used to advertize and discover Web services.
- OASIS Web Services Distributed Management Technical Committee is developing a management architetcure that uses Web services to manage distributed application systems. This group has not yet produced a working draft. They are using a variety of distributed management standards and specifications as input.
- OASIS Web Services for Remote Portals Technical Committee is working with the OASIS Web Services for Interactive Applications Technical Committee to develop WSRP, a specification that describes a Web services framework to support remote portlets. This specification is now a working draft.
- OASIS Translation Web Services Technical Committee is developing a set of specification for Web services that provide translation services. This group has not yet developed a working draft.
Related Q&A from Anne Thomas Manes
Anne Thomas Manes explains the differences between open source clients and open source implementations.continue reading
Anne Thomas Manes discusses the best way to go about creating an enterprise data dictionary and why the systems works well.continue reading
Anne Thomas Manes explains the difference between 'hard' real time and 'live' real time systems.continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.